Sunday, March 16, 2014

炒蔬菜 Mixed Greens Stir-fry

  Getting our daily greens just got easier with this awesome recipe. I have never inhaled greens like when I was in Taiwan and China. They are never overcooked or bland and the flavor is always outstanding. I have been wanting a recipe for greens that is just as delicious as I have had in Asia for a long time but have never been able to find one that was even near as good. So yesterday I sat myself down with a bunch of ingredients and we had a really good talk.
If I add some of you and some of you, but how much of you, then how will it taste. And who eles do we need to make it just right. Oh you?! Yes, almost there. Couldn't really tell how it was going to taste until it was all cooked up, is it going to be right?Crossing my fingers..first bite..and my eyes lit up. It worked.Yay horray! Phew. I am so so happy to be reunited with that taste of Asian greens. I plan on eating this just about everyday now. I can't wait for you all to try this.
 I had a vegetable dish at a restaurant once that combined snow peas, cabbage, baby bok choy and bamboo. I loved that combination so those are the vegetables I decided to use in this dish. I didn't have any bamboo on hand so you will not see it in the pictures I took but I have included it in the recipe as a suggestion. Of course you can add or take away according to what you have on hand.
2 cups green cabbage cut into medium size pieces
2 cups snow peas or sugar snap peas
1 baby bok choy, cut into medium size pieces
1/2 cup bambo, cut into smal-medium size pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced

Sauce:
1/3 cup water
1 tsp. chicken bullion
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. cooking wine
1 tsp. oyster sauce
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. starch
Prepare all your greens, garlic and bamboo.
 Mix together the sauce ingredients.
Heat some oil over medium heat and add garlic. Cook until fragrant.
 Add in prepared sauce.
Add the peas to the wok, cover and set the timer for 1 minute.
Uncover and stir in the cabbage, baby bok coy and bamboo. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. extra salt.
Remove to a serving dish and serve immediately.

No comments :

Post a Comment